If St John’s is your local parish church or if you have another legally-recognised connection with it (there are many different criteria to help you, see below), we'd love to hear from you to discuss your plans for marriage. St John’s has the reputation for being a warm, welcoming church, both the building and the people, and we are pleased that you have chosen this church to come to for your most special day.
The service itself is about the two of you and you should enjoy it. It can be nerve wracking having to stand at the front of church and say your vows, but remember everyone in Church loves you and has come to support you. It is our objective to help you enjoy this most important day and to ensure all goes as planned with the service.
Fees for 2016 (These are set nationally with local amendments)
Verger £ 50
Heating £ 60
Basic costs £558
Organist £ 50 (if required)
Choir £ 60 (if required)
Bells £ 100 (if required)
Video Licence £100 (if required)
Maximum costs £868
That one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
And did you know that if your move house to the parish you're immediately connected to us.
Speak to the Rector (Phil Green 01704 227662) as soon as possible if you think you may need to use one of the above criteria.
See the Church of England's weddings web site for more details www.churchofengland/weddings.